Search found 1033 matches

by Pooka
Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:39 pm
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: The Knightmare Vending Machine
Replies: 11
Views: 8175

The Knightmare Vending Machine

Okay, here's a simple forum game which I've seen played in various places - we even had a version running on NKTP at some point - that I think we could have a go at. Basically, it's a continuing cycle of entering a coin into a vending machine, with the next person to post saying what they get, and i...
by Pooka
Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:51 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Series 8 Episode 9
Replies: 4
Views: 3592

Re: Series 8 Episode 9

True the Paladin bottle was about to be used erroneously but the key here is the fact they were about to and didn't actually do so. It's interesting to note that the team opened the Paladin bottle on the Golden Galleon and the trapdoor opened before Dunstan had the chance to drink it. (Personally, ...
by Pooka
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:55 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: The Olden Days podcast
Replies: 60
Views: 37679

Re: The Olden Days podcast

I collected Tazos, although I wouldn't say I was obsessed. I originally saw them as a rather cheap attempt to capitalise on the success of POGs - which is, basically, what they were. But Tazos did have the slots for building, plus better designs than POGs, so they had that going for them. My main co...
by Pooka
Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: David Rowe's Art of Knightmare
Replies: 27
Views: 15135

Re: Art of Knightmare

~ On the diagram showing a quest through Level 1, it's intriguing that the Granitas clue room has an attached option reading "DEAD | BIG FOOT". Are we to understand that failing all three riddles would result in a giant's foot squashing them or something? Either that or an attack by the Spanish Inq...
by Pooka
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:30 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!
Replies: 7
Views: 5264

Re: Knightmare on Teletext - Recoveries!

Great find, Neil! And yes, I love the retro Treguard pic - there's a bald Hordriss one lurking around too!

Now to try and play through these...
by Pooka
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:25 pm
Topic: Chat.
Replies: 2
Views: 2590

Re: Chat.

As far as I'm aware (and I don't think I'm mistaken), Tim Child has only visited Knightmare Chat once, during series 1 of the RPG.

There's a log of the game, including conversation with Tim, here.
by Pooka
Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 pm
Topic: Knightmare Top Trumps?
Replies: 11
Views: 10836

Re: Knightmare Top Trumps?

I've had a look for my issues of TQ (I do at least have the first half), but - alas - I can't find them. I suspect they may have been lost in three house moves.

I'll have another look and scan them if I can find the issue.
by Pooka
Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:49 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: Edmund Dehn on stage: Don't Look Too Deep
Replies: 0
Views: 1942

Edmund Dehn on stage: Don't Look Too Deep

If you're in London and want to see Edmund Dehn on stage this Wednesday, then he has a small part in a new play called Don't Look Too Deep.

There's a flyer here if you're interested.
by Pooka
Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm
Topic: Phrases used in Knightmare
Replies: 18
Views: 11756

Re: Phrases used in Knightmare

is root and fern a phrase used by elves to show surprise and shock or is it an elf version of swearing? I think that the phrase used by Pickle is "rook and fen!" - a rook is a scavenging bird similar to a crow, and a fen is a type of wetland; there are some famous ones in the East of England. I thi...
by Pooka
Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:12 pm
Topic: Phrases used in Knightmare
Replies: 18
Views: 11756

Re: Phrases used in Knightmare

I'm going to transliterate "acram" /ækræm/ with a C rather than a K, as I think that has more possibilities in Latin. "Vici" on its own is "overcome" in Latin (as in "victory", I assume) and "Acram" is "acre". I believe that perhaps "acram vici" is some sort of dog-Latin for "a large amount/scale of...
by Pooka
Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Canadanne wrote:How strange that you were shown the videos without all the accompanying exercises!
This is what happened to me too. We watched TTDE in Year 3 and did follow-up work, but no official exercises. I suppose it's up to the teacher what the students do with Look and Read series.
by Pooka
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 pm

I have the accompanying storybook and there aren't any pomegranates in that either.
by Pooka
Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:29 pm
Topic: Autobiography of Tim Child?????????
Replies: 2
Views: 2189

Re: Autobiography of Tim Child?????????

There isn't one, but there's a History of Knightmare on the website, which may answer some of your questions!
by Pooka
Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:53 pm
Topic: Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?
Replies: 3
Views: 2819

Re: Are There Any Legal Ways To Watch Knightmare?

2 I'm unsure if its legal to watch Knightmare on it. [I'm in enough trouble as it is.] If you've recorded something off the TV by whatever means, then it's legal to watch it. It's basically the same as recording something with a VHS back in the '90s. 3 I don't have Challenge on my freeview package....
by Pooka
Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:23 pm
Forum: Knightmare on Challenge?
Topic: Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents
Replies: 1
Views: 2138

Re: Knightmare Quote in Challenge Idents

And another one just now - "Watch now, you armchair adventurers!"