Search found 1547 matches

by JamesA
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 - Episode 2
Replies: 29
Views: 20238

Re: Series 4 - Episode 2

This has led to me to investigate whether there is an official clip of Michael Cule encountering Knightmare's very own Team 42 (aka Series 5 Team 3).

Thankfully, with Michael under his guise of The Gatemaster, I was not disappointed.
by JamesA
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references on TV
Replies: 26
Views: 17528

Re: Unintended Knightmare references on TV

Speaking of ITV, someone by the name of Fear has just emerged victorious in one of their other shows (click here for article).

Makes me wonder if he'll use some of his recently earned winnings to invest in a peerage...
by JamesA
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:01 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Shadow Of The Opposition - free KM gamebook download
Replies: 5
Views: 3847

Re: Shadow Of The Opposition - free KM gamebook download

Thanks for that David. Much appreciated.

Many happy returns indeed. I was just happening to think this morning that today is Monday September 7th, which was the date when Knightmare was first shown 33 years ago (series 1 & 2 of course being shown on Monday afternoons instead of Fridays).
by JamesA
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:20 pm
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 Episode 2
Replies: 20
Views: 17982

Re: Series 6 Episode 2

Then on the level 2 causeway they met a very sudden demise. 8-o It's notable how this team were extremely competent at everything, except the causeways. They had a let-off on the level 1 causeway and then took a fall from the one in the level 2. Such a shame because they looked like real contenders...
by JamesA
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:33 pm
Forum: Knightmare Live
Topic: Mark Knight to join Knightmare Live this Friday @ 4:30pm
Replies: 2
Views: 177

Mark Knight to join Knightmare Live this Friday @ 4:30pm

Apologies for the short notice - just a heads up that Mark Knight (aka Lord Fear) will be joining Paul Flannery on Knightmare Live this coming Friday afternoon (Friday 4th September) for some games and discussion. This will be on Mr Flannery's recently started channel on Twitch, so be sure to tune i...
by JamesA
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)
Views: 299

Re: Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)

Thanks, David. This has brought back happy memories of when I got Knightmare mentioned on Kerrang Radio all the way back in 2007.

I've just been enjoying the sound clips of this particular mention, which I have somehow managed to re-obtain.
by JamesA
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:52 pm
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references in books
Replies: 13
Views: 11247

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in books

Speaking of International Gamebook Day: the cover art to another Fighting Fantasy gamebook, The Keep of the Lich-Lord, has its main character donning headgear which looks remarkably similar to the original Helmet of Justice.

Interestingly, this book was co-written by a certain Dave Morris.
by JamesA
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:22 pm
Forum: News Discussion
Topic: Mary Miller
Replies: 14
Views: 14936

Mary Miller

As many of you reading this will know, Mary Miller (aka Lillith and Mildread) has sadly passed away. To me, losing one of Knightmare's original and iconic actors is indeed a sad loss; Lillith appeared in the very first episode and will always be remembered as the very first character to physically p...
by JamesA
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:10 pm
Forum: Fan Creations
Topic: Pseudo-3D Knightmare Game- A Work in Progress
Replies: 14
Views: 2751

Re: Pseudo-3D Knightmare Game- A Work in Progress

The game looks like it's progressing really well. I really liked the part where you went into detail the processes and techniques used to put the scenes together. Thanks for sharing.
by JamesA
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:57 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The Broom Cupboard Club looks at Knightmare
Replies: 0
Views: 341

The Broom Cupboard Club looks at Knightmare

I was recently notified of this really good retrospective of Knightmare which was created by nostalgic group The Broom Cupboard Club. It summarises a lot about the show in just under eight minutes, and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't done so. You can watch their video here: https:/...
by JamesA
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:48 pm
Forum: Knightmare Live
Topic: Knightmare Live: The Online Quest
Replies: 0
Views: 636

Knightmare Live: The Online Quest

The latest concept from the minds behind Knightmare Live invite you and and a group of others to come together online and play a game of Knightmare in an attempt to defeat Lord Fear. If you are interested in finding out more, you can go here to learn further information as well as view the promo tra...
by JamesA
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:39 pm
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references in our lives
Replies: 19
Views: 23087

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in our lives

The band Doves recently released the music video to their brand new song Prisoners, in which the very last scene is an open landscape which eventually leads to going through a black doorway/portal.
(If anyone's curious, you can watch the video here.)

Now, I wonder where I've seen that before...
by JamesA
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 Episode 14
Replies: 37
Views: 31524

Re: Series 5 Episode 14

Going off on a tangent for a mo, noticeable that Scaramonger also had the original & genuine magic-shield for sale on his table. Would have been useful if the medusa was anywhere ahead. ;) You can see the magic shield making cameo appearances all the way up to Series 8! (Though I won't say where ex...
by JamesA
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 pm
Topic: Jedi Temple Challenge
Replies: 6
Views: 1331

Re: Jedi Temple Challenge

I wonder if they made Episodes 4, 5 and 6 first. Speaking of Episodes 5 and 6, they are now both available for our viewing pleasure. One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post in relation to Episode 4 was how impressed I was by the winning team. They played the whole game superbly even thoug...
by JamesA
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Pledging: potential perks and pitfalls
Views: 851

Re: Pledging: potential perks and pitfalls

Thanks for this Drassil. I'm really pleased that a program inspired by Knightmare has consequently inspired us to initiate a new wave of opportunities and possibilities involving scenes from Knightmare itself. James, as you played a Knightmare RPG character who came to choose the dark side over the ...