Search found 40 matches

by BrotherStrange
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:08 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Those early skulls...
Replies: 3
Views: 3973

Re: Those early skulls...

Maybe it's because they look more like real skulls, with their empty eye sockets and "mouth". I was watching James' quest yesterday, the poor lad didn't have much chance of surviving that chamber with TWO of the nasties chasing him! 8-o I'd agree with that, very sinister. Up there with troll footst...
by BrotherStrange
Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels
Replies: 12
Views: 8713

Re: Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels

I loved all the Dwarf tunnels series 3 added a new twist to knightmare with them. also liked series 6/7 because you would either meet a friend or rather meet a nasty and there was more choice to move around. The series 8 were quite effective with snap dragons and encounters tho I wasn't so keen on ...
by BrotherStrange
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm
Forum: Cast/Crew Projects
Topic: David Learner in The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy TV series
Replies: 26
Views: 14024

Re: The man, the myth, the moustache!

David Newton (Wong) wrote: Wouldn't be sad at all. Why not?
Sounds like a great idea to me too! Allo Allo fans often have these conventions, Angela "Helga" Hartman and Richard "Herr Flick" Gibson frequently appear at them in costume!
by BrotherStrange
Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 pm
Topic: Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels
Replies: 12
Views: 8713

Re:Series 6 and 7 Dwarf Tunnels

I quite agree with that assessment-- very atmospheric and foreboding-- loved the claustrophobia of them. I liked the way you could often hear Raptor/Skarkill roaming with his goblins. Shame Raptor never got a kill himself; I think it would have been better if Raptor had bumped Nicola off in S7 in an...
by BrotherStrange
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 pm
Topic: Castle locations/forest scenes
Replies: 86
Views: 76530

Re:Bodiam Castle, S5 Clue Room!

I hope no brattish elves called you "faceache" will you were there.
by BrotherStrange
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm
Forum: Series 8
Topic: Re-assessing Season 8; know what? I like it after all
Replies: 16
Views: 15592

Re:Re-assessing Season 8; know what? I like it after all

Fidjit wrote:

*I see nobody likes the Short Cut bit ;D
I think the short-cut would have worked if they had put more than one challenge in it. The COB, followed by Play Your Cards right-- then may be Trial by Spikes or reintroduction of a timed causeway-- before getting to Level 3?
by BrotherStrange
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 pm

My favourite feature of Series 8 was the miremen: Trolls would be too small to fit in the mireworld, not sure if goblins would be suited to that environment You're forgetting miretrogs! Now THEY were scary. I try to ;) I thought the miretrogs were superfluous-- the trolls did that particular job ex...
by BrotherStrange
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm
Topic: Lord Fears Intros season 6 to 8
Views: 2822

Re:Lord Fears Intros season 6 to 8

I liked S7 the best. There was intrigue with "the great experiment", plus the humorous introduction of Lissard. It was like the beginning of a thriller.

S6 was quite good too, Lord Fear at his baleful best.
by BrotherStrange
Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:20 pm
Topic: Daft, inconsequential subject for debate
Replies: 24
Views: 12510

Re:Daft, inconsequential subject for debate

In one quest of Series 7, troll footsteps were used to hurry a dungeoneer up in a dwarf tunnel. How would a troll fit in a dwarf tunnel?
by BrotherStrange
Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:17 pm
Forum: Series 6
Topic: Series 6 - Episode 6
Replies: 53
Views: 41521

Re:Series 6 Episode 6 *NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

Just watching this episode today. Now I'm sure I've said this before on another thread, but I've got to say it again; Sidriss fancies the pants off Alan! I'm absolutely sure of it! She's feeling him up all the time when they first meet, and after he casts the BEAUTY spell, she keeps fluttering her ...
by BrotherStrange
Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Does Lord Fear have a seat in Parliament? If the Mines of Gore were linked to Dunshelm Castle by a short dwarf tunnel, why didn't adventurers just go straight down there-- bypassing Level 1 and 2? Because the Knightmare quests were to test challengers for knightly qualities. Sending them straight d...
by BrotherStrange
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Topic: Knightm-Air-Heads
Views: 2293

Re:Knightm-Air-Heads

HStorm wrote: Wellllllllllll... depends how bright their victims were...
True enough: With that in mind, Lord Fear hired dim minions because they were cheap, because he could get away with it ;)
by BrotherStrange
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:59 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: The Ultimate Knightmare Riddle
Replies: 23
Views: 19540

Re:The Ultimate Knightmare Riddle

Just who does write all those scrolls?

Lord F did once say to Hordriss: "You're starting to believe your own scrolls". Hmm...
by BrotherStrange
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Does Lord Fear have a seat in Parliament?

If the Mines of Gore were linked to Dunshelm Castle by a short dwarf tunnel, why didn't adventurers just go straight down there-- bypassing Level 1 and 2?
by BrotherStrange
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Majida is also far less obstructive or obstreperous than she was in season 7, while Brother Strange is far stranger than the generic hooded-man-of-mystery figure he was previously as well. Now, I preferred BS in Series 7-- call me odd. I preferred him as a cool, enigmatic guardian-angel character w...