Another one…

by GrandDizzy
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Series 4 graphics reimagined
Replies: 5
Views: 2464

Re: Series 4 graphics reimagined

More of those re-touched Series 4 scenes would be lovely, Grandizzy!! I always thought the Dunswater scene unnecessarily grey. Just a bit of fun, really, but I will have to do some more when I get a chance. What Series 4 does have in its favour, though, in my opinion, is a good mix of David Rowe-pa...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:51 pm
Topic: Series 4 graphics reimagined
Replies: 5
Views: 2464

Series 4 graphics reimagined

I'm not the biggest fan of the artistic changes from series 4 onwards—not just the move away from hand illustrations, but the move away from beauty and dramatic lighting, with everything looking slightly grittier and flatter, with more unnatural colours. Since I'm a graphics guy, I thought it might ...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:07 pm
Topic: Who did the theme tunes for series 4 and 6?
Replies: 7
Views: 2677

Re: Who did the theme tunes for series 4 and 6?

Could it be Kellyvision from 1988? https://www.knightmare.com/articles/unseen/641-knightmare-on-kellyvision Ah, yes! I'm pretty sure that was what I remembered! :) Thanks. No idea where I got Rolf Harris from, although the computer graphics artist in the video is Robert Harris… so maybe that name l...
by GrandDizzy
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:04 pm

I'm all for innovation, and I applaud Tim Child for his convention-defying vision and bold ideas. Don't get me wrong, I really did like series 4 onwards, and thought there were some great ideas. Really, it was just the visuals which I think let it down. Not only the move away from hand-illustration,...
by GrandDizzy
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply and warm welcome, Drassil :) This forum seems to have gone quiet over the past couple of years. That's a shame! My heart beats just as strongly for Knightmare as it did 30 years ago, perhaps even stronger. I guess those ever-elusive Knightmare DVDs are looking pretty unlike...
by GrandDizzy
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Who did the theme tunes for series 4 and 6?

I adore the original 1987 theme tune, composed by the brilliant Ed Welch (Blockbusters, Catchphrase etc.). For me, this was the best and definitive version of the tune, and one of the things that made Knightmare so special. In series 4, the theme tune was updated (this was many people's favourite ve...
by GrandDizzy
Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:46 pm
Forum: Knightmare in Geek Week
Topic: The new KM episode is up!
Replies: 180
Views: 132901

Re: The new KM episode is up!

It was used in a manner of speaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0HtExsl4c :) I have to say I absolutely adore that video. What a lovely tribute! :) In some respects I enjoyed this 4-minute video far more than the new episode. Loads of wonderful room illustrations + Hugo in full swing = the re...
by GrandDizzy
Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for dropping by the forum again, GrandDizzy. Thanks, Drassil. Great to be here. Obviously I'm not a regular, but occasionally I like to return , "entering" as a "stranger". :) This may be the graphic that David has recently posted on Facebook . Oh wow. Now you're talking! How sad that this v...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 pm

The local chroma key expert was telling me that the dungeons actually have to look a bit fake or cartoonish. Apparently making them highly realistic produces a weird effect. I found it interesting that they actually have to worsen the digital environment. Perhaps that is the source of the digital n...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

To clarify, my "middle class" comment was mostly humorous. (Did no one notice the laughing smiley I put after it?) I might also have said contestants must be from Yorkshire (since there seemed to be so many Yorkshire teams in the early days). I suppose what I was getting at with "middle class" was t...
by GrandDizzy
Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:01 am

Well I have only just found out about this episode and only just watched it. I don't come here very often so I guess I'm not as much of a hardcore Knightmare fan as most of you. I haven't read through this thread yet but just want to post my thoughts about this episode. OVERALL Overall, while I was ...
by GrandDizzy
Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:11 pm
Topic: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?
Replies: 54
Views: 39359

Re: When Did Knightmare "Jump The Shark" For You?

"When did Knightmare jump the shark"? For me, this is a no-brainer. When I was 14 I saw the shark being jumped right before my eyes and I was very disappointed. It happened in series 4 when they suddenly went from using beautiful, atmospheric painted backdrops to instead using… ARTIFICIALLY-COLOURED...
by GrandDizzy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm
Forum: Jester's Corner
Topic: A great Knightmare joke...
Replies: 354
Views: 194910

Re: A great Knightmare joke...

Or how about…

Eddie Van Halen recently released a pop album, but fans hated it, forcing him to return to his musical roots. Eddie was quoted as saying: "Rock I was, rock I now become."